Choose your room type from the options below. To make your booking, click on the price for the first day of your stay for the room you have chosen.
Tawatawa Lodge is designed and constructed to meet the needs of the discerning local and international traveler. It is situated at Opoutere on 15 acres of rural but landscaped property alongside the Tawatawa stream, which opens into the Wharekawa harbour on the Coromandel Peninsula.
Located within two hours drive of Auckland, the Lodge is also 10 minutes north of bustling Whangamata, is ideally suited as a base for day trips throughout the Coromandel Peninsula, but also is planned to provide peaceful and gentle recreation within the grounds or on adjacent waters.
The Lodge offers four beautifully appointed themed rooms, each with private spa baths in sensational en suites, tea and coffee facilities, bar fridge, TV and DVD, internet access and private courtyards. Your hosts Janet Brooker and Fraser Field look forward to your company and ensuring your stay meets your expectations.
As you enter the property your eye is drawn to a number of features:
- An avenue of poplars fringed with native grasses.
- A lake, landscaped to reflect the ornamental plantings, enhanced by a boardwalk and bridge designed to capture the gardens sights and scents.
- The genuine imported Italian Wrought Iron security gates, and finally–
- The Lodge itself, configured to to resemble a small Italian village, but with your privacy, and relaxation central to the design criteria.
All guest rooms open onto two courtyards.
- One faces east, with an outdoor café setting which is ideal for breakfast overlooking the Tawatawa stream as it glistens in the morning sun.
- The other is to the west, where you can soak in the afternoon sun and enjoy views of the extensive landscaped gardens.